Old November 26th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
whisky-dave

Default Need help selecting digital camera

"Dave Boland" wrote in message
Newsgroup,

I need to get a digital camera to replace the Polorid 600, and would
appreciate any help. Some information about the camera use to help guide
the comments:

* The camera will be used mostly for documentation of things like scope
traces, printed circuit traces, control panel pictures, and some field
test items that may be in bright sun. Light levels run from normal room
lighting to bright sun. Speed from stationary, to oscilloscope display,
to moderately fast moving (1/30s to 1/250s typically).

I can't offer any real recommendations but from taking pictures of scopes
traces
you'll need a camera with a good and easy focus at short distances of around
50cm or so.
So check how easy/good the macro function is.
We have brought LCD scopes that have built in USB ports for direct printing
and saving
the trace as an image file.
I brought a canon G10 last week, haven't used it much yet, but did get a
reasonable picture
of a blown op-amp. easier to manually focus than my old S70 but I'd still
prefer
a good olde fashion focusing ring around the lens and a sturdy tripod.