Old October 19th 13, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Taylor

Default Nikon D5300 - adds built-in Wi-Fi and GPS to the 24 MP DX-formatD5200

On 19/10/2013 14:42, Bowser wrote:
On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 07:37:13 +0100, David Taylor
wrote:

On 18/10/2013 21:51, Bowser wrote:
[]
Just a few shots where it's visible in shots of clothing. I don't
really care since I don't use one and never will. Just an observation,
that's all.

Thanks, although a URL would have helped. Were those shots with
"consumer" lenses, or with top-end "professional" lenses?

But remember that AA filters are not perfect, and likely that /some/
aliasing may have been visible in those shots even with an AA filter
present, albeit less than without a filter.

Thanks, anyway.

NP.

http://inet.detik.com/read/2013/02/2...ke-nikon-d7100

Good start, moiré is obvious there - however:

- The shot wasn't taken with a D5300, albeit a similar sensor.

- I can't find what lens that was taken with - EXIF data is missing.

- Let's see the same shot but with an AA filter.

I expect that a small amount of defocusing, or stopping down to the
diffraction limit might resolve the issue enough, but even with an AA
filter some moiré would likely remain.

If it's a serious problem the camera may not sell as well. If someone
gave me a D5300 I would jump at it!

--
Cheers,
David