Old May 26th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
=\(8\)

Default B&H puts another local camera store out of business (with my help, unfortunately)

Thats the problem with local shops they don't feel that they have to compete
with the places on the internet. A local store here closed up after nearly
50 years because they didn't feel they had to compete. They sold everything
at suggested retail, all sales were final even if a product was defective
they wanted you to deal with the maker, etc. I told them that they can do
that and stay in business and they couldn't now they are gone.

We have one more store here a Shutterbugs they charge suggested retail for
nearly everything, they too didn't have a return policy until I e-mailed
them and told them that without a return policy I would have to continue to
shop online so they now have a 15 day return policy though the stress that
it isn't to be used to buy something, test it out and then return it if you
don't like it. It is incase there is something wrong with the item
(defective).

It floors me how many local stores simply don't get it. I will always shop
online when I can get a better deal. They need to understand this or they go
bye bye plain and simple. I have no sympothy for businesses this stupid.
This is a global world now when it comes to shopping we don't have to put up
with high priced local stores with poor customer policies, support and
before sale support. Screw'em is what I say if they can't keep up or are too
worried about the extra couple of bucks.

=(8)