Old May 26th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Matt Clara

Default B&H puts another local camera store out of business (with my help, unfortunately)

Yes, Castle Photo of Lansing, in business for over 25 years, is closing its
doors. I did buy all my darkroom chemistry from them, but B&H and all the
rest (meaning Adorama and a couple others) can't be beat for most items,
including paper, even though it commands a premium in shipping 'cause it's
quite heavy. Castle Photo was a great resource, though (if you talked to
the right individuals), and I will miss them.

The one good thing to come out of this is great sale prices as they seek to
dump their inventory. I picked up a bunch of stuff there yesterday for
40-50% off, including this ballhead for my medium and large format
equipment:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/sitem/sku=272989&is=REG (cost me $75--they
normally charged $125 for it). Also, a couple filters, some photo paper,
two fidelity 4x5 holders, a strobo frame reflective light modifier, and a
couple other odds and ends. Paid $250 for what would have cost me $450 (at
their prices, anyway).
Yes, yes, I know--I'm part of the problem.

--
www.mattclara.com