Old September 3rd 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Steve Chesney

Default Recommendations for Tripod

I'm interested in advice on a good low-cost general purpose tripod for use
with my Panasonic DMC-FZ7.

I would like this for occasional flower, bird or landscape pictures. Every
now and again I would like to set up a panorama sequence for stitching
together later in software.

Ease of use is important as is light weight. Without those attributes it
will be forgotten too many times. It also can't be much more than $120 or
so -- I can't imagine spending nearly as much on the tripod as on the camera
itself.

Any success stories out there?