Old May 22nd 17, 05:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

Whisky-dave
Mon, 22
May 2017 09:49:19 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

It wasn't
written for your mac. So, your example, is a bad one.

Unless my mac was running gone of the emulators I have run in the
past.

It would affect the virtual environment your emulator provided for
it, then...It wouldn't be able to do much of anything with your mac
file system, or mac specific files within it.

If one should put the cash a typical mac costs into a PC clone,
the mac doesn't stand a chance. Macs used to specialize in
graphics design, and photography work; but, the newer video cards
and software available for the PC made the mac unable to
realistically compete there either. At best, it's become a level
playing field now.

But you still have the **** MS software to deal with and that's
what some as well as myself don't really like.

That's upto the user. NON MS based operating systems are freely
available, if the user wants to run one. Or more. I have five
machines running linux distros as their native OS.

The poster of the link isn't the one who creates the scripts
dropbox uses, so what does trusting the poster have to do with
my question?

everything. Just like lending someone yuor car, computer or
anything else.

I fail to see the comparison.

That's obvious.

So the comparison I'm missing is?

So again, I'll ask, since the user you
trust has no control over any of the scripts dropbox uses, what
difference does it make if you know the person or not?

same way I'd decide whether or not to lend someone money or a car
or camera or computer.

Are you having trouble understanding what I wrote? As, your response
to my question makes no sense.

ROFL! It indicates NOTHING of the sort.

Yes it does it's why banks use it.

Your assumption isn't that accurate.

accurate enough.

For a simpleton, perhaps.

My site does NOT interact with you, offers a program that was
always free and has been discontinued for years now. there's no
incentive or reason otherwise to deal with paying for a cert and
encrypting the data. So again, you might want to review the
HTTPS link I provided you previously from slashdot if you
actually want the technical specifics on it. I suspect, though,
you could care less. As, it's likely beyond your limited
understanding. After all, you think a .zip file by itself, is
dangerous.

I don't trust such files from unkown sources.

As I told you, My domain has no secure areas for you to visit.
There's no valid reason for me to use HTTPS. Do you need to
research what a 'secure area' is?

couldn't care less not interersted.

But! You thought HTTPS made the site 'safe', now you don't want to
know why your comment wasn't accurate?

snip the rest of your ****

Too complicated for you to understand, I get it. That's probably why
you feel right at home on a Mac. They are good baby sitters for those
who don't know, or want to learn, how the machine in front of them
works. Apple prides itself on dumbing technology down and charging
you out the ass for it. MS has alot to more work to do to get
anywhere near where Apple is on both counts.