Old April 22nd 17, 06:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Film scanners?

On 2017-04-22 04:37:46 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:23:13 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

As much as I have tried to match the Fujifilm Acros simulation with the
others, they remain different to the Fujifilm in-camera rendition, and
some are not even close. It has to be seen to be appreciated.

You seem to be saying Fujifilm Acros is superior and the look cannot
be replicated.

I am not saying that it is "superior" it is a rendering of a B&W film
simulation that they do particularly well in-camera. If I was trying
for a Tri-X, or an Ilford HP5, or T-MAX P3200, or Kodak Panatomic-X,
all of which I have done, I would go immediately to Lightroom and my
Exposure X2 plug-in.

Yet, we have been informed that the only reason that a
look cannot be replicated is lack of skill by the user. We know this
to be true because nospam has told us.

Do you doubt him?

Are you implying that anyone who uses a dslr is doomed to mediocrity?

I have never implied any such thing. If Nikon hadn't dragged their
heels I would probably be shooting a D500 right now. The thing is, I
jumped ship and I am thoroughly enamored of the Fujifilm cameras and
what they have to offer, regardless of some of their quirks.

....and who knows? There might still be a D500 in my future, though I
couldn't really justify it now. Perhaps if I have a substantial
windfall.

Savageduck