Old September 16th 12, 02:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default Nokia uses other device to do video in cell phone ad

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Wolfgang
Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Wolfgang
Alfred Molon wrote:
In article c515403a-4f14-40d3-b344-20969e496248

Now, imagine if the DSLR sellers were forced to admit they used medium
format equipment or large format equipment for their camera ads?

That happens all the time.

You know that, because *you* do that all the time, or do you have
some sort of proof?

One of my photos was used to promote a camera of another brand.

So you know it happens. What about the "all the time" part?

Feedback received from other photographers when discussing the matter.

I see.
Now, your photo, which medium format or large format camera
did you use and what DSLR was it that was promoted with it?

And what did the other photographers use?

I'd really like to know if there's a certain pattern ...

Do you really believe photos of compact cameras are used for billboard-
sized ads?

What resolution does a billboard have?

If I read
http://www.jonessign.com/billboards_designspecs.php
right and other sources, billboards have a tiny bit less resolution
than high gloss magazines, are looked at only shortly (especially
when hurling past at 65mph) and usually don't figure full size
photographs either.

Speaking of TV, the 2 MPix of HDTV is certainly out of reach for
phone and compact cameras to demonstrate their own shots ...

-Wolfgang