Old November 22nd 04, 01:16 AM
JP

Default S30 Accidental Power-offs

Hello all,
I'm reprising a much earlier thread from 2002.
Since that date there have been no answers to the problem.
My problem with the S30 is identical to the original posters' though his was
the S40.
In addition, usually I have to open and close the cover several times to
make the lens extend.
The original thread follows.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

snip
"From: Matt Freedman
Subject: S40 Accidental Power-offs

Date: 2002-04-28 11:23:12 PST

I have noticed on my S40 that when the camera is on, in shooting mode,
if I squeeze even a tiny bit on the lower half of the sliding lens
cover, the camera will shut itself down. It does not do this if I
squeeze the top half. Do all S40s do this, or is mine broken?

Message 2 in thread
From: John Foster
Well, mine doesn't have that problem: sliding the cover to the first click
is the only way to power it down. Very positive action.
Hope it helps

Message 3 in thread
From: Tumbleweed
I just tried on my S30 (same mechanics I think), and it stayed on even when
I pressed hard.
end of snip