Old November 15th 17, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Cheap Apple

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Yes, and most if given the chance will listen to someone with some facts
and examples. Most of my friends are Mac users and most have become mac
users because I was one and could help them do what they wanted. The few
PCs users seemed to spend most of their time sorting out registry problems
and missing .dll files but that was them the last 90s.

There are many good reasons a person may choose a Mac system, but you
really look foolish when you think you have to resort to hyperbole and
false statements to make your point. Windows users are not spending
most of their time sorting out registry problems or finding missing
.dll files.

they do when the **** hits the fan.

windows systems require more support than macs, usually with harder to
fix problems, ones which often requires registry hacking or what's
known as dll hell.

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...bm-says-macs-a
re-even-cheaper-to-run-than-it-thought.html
This is fully in line with experiences shared in 2015, when Previn
said just 5 percent of IBMıs Mac users needed to call the help desk;
In contrast, an astonishing 40 percent of PC staff request tech
support help. At IBM last year just 25 staff supported 30,000 Macs.

No one I know has gone from Mac to windows and only one person I know
went from windows to Mac after seeing what I was doing.

What could you be doing on a Mac that a user of Windows can't be
doing?

****loads of stuff, but you've said you don't want to hear about it.

There are some apps that run on Macs but not Windows, but apps
that do the same thing are available for Windows users.

not always.

much of the time, what can be done on a mac that can't be done with
windows systems has absolutely nothing to do with apps at all, but
rather the underlying technologies, ones which do not exist on windows
systems and most likely will never exist.

that means that equivalent apps on windows do not exist.