Old October 22nd 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Rad17

Default Need advice for Sony digital camera use

I have a Sony DSC-P93, great camera, shoots great photos and video clips, BUT.....

I'm having an ongoing problem that I can't figure out. We go to Disney World fairly often, and I use this camera all over the place over there. Pictures are great except at the concerts at Epcot. A couple of times a year Epcot brings in bands like Kansas, Davy Jones, 3 Dog Night, etc. etc.

*Every time* I try to get photos of the performers during these concerts, the images come out "fuzzed" or blurred. Photos taken elsewhere in the park, before and after these concerts, are perfect. And, the video clips of the performers taken with this camera come out just fine also.

My question: Is it possible that the electronics used for the concerts (wireless mics, amps, etc.) are interfering somehow with the camera's operation? I've tried all kinds of different camera settings and the same thing keeps happening (but I would think that it would be affecting the videos as well, which it doesn't). This also happens with another, cheaper digital camera that I have, so it's not unique to the Sony.

Anyone ever have this type of problem with a digital camera? ANY advice or info appreciated! Thanks....