Old April 24th 18, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Funky IR Artefact

On 2018-04-22 18:53:51 +0000, RichA said:

On Sunday, 22 April 2018 05:40:30 UTC-4, android* wrote:
Trée arty but... WTF is it???

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mjfnh2d0s1wulli/i180422%2311638.jpg

For the record: I used a IR filter on a unconverted EOS M with high
ISO settings. Hard to work without an OVF, witch I have...
--
teleportation kills

I tend to use a Leica viewfinder in the hotshoe, a wide angle lens set
to f/8 so proximity focus is easy.* A mild IR filter (cutoff, around
800nm on a camera with its IR filter removed can easily be handheld in
daylight or even overcast, but a deep IR cutoff (1000+nm) means using a
tripod.* A camera with the IR sensor filter in-place is a pain, cutting
out so much of the IR than any exposures with an IR filter over the
lens means seconds of time.

I've got a 760nm totally black filter, so there is an overlapping gap
between the high end of the visible spectrum and low end of the IR one
and that can be used at high ISOs sunny days. If you got steady hands,
there is another example from a few years ago in the gallery on my blog.

https://wp.me/P3strj-7Y

I've gotten it down to where I can convert an old Nikon D70 (the
easiest camera to convert) in 15 minutes.

I might just pull the the filter stack out of the EOS M eventually.
Can't be that difficult...

You might lose autofocuse. The near IR light has a different wavelength.

On a mirrorless? Don't think soo...
--
teleportation kills