Old September 28th 04, 03:40 PM
jimkramer

"Alan" wrote in message

"jimkramer" wrote in message
Anybody do a home disassembly and cleaning of this lens. I have a nasty
white hair on the outside of the second element and some dead curled-up
creepy crawly on the inside of the second rear element. I'm not

impressed
with the dust seals on this lens so far as it is only 2 months old

tomorrow;
but the optics are great.

Jim (why isn't there a cleaning port here?) Kramer

I have the same lens but without anything inside it! I would suggest as

it's
only 2 months old you get it serviced by Canon in order to not affect the
guarentee.

Alan.

I'm not that worried about the guarentee. I am, however, worried about the
turn around time on a CLA and/or the mess I may make if the lens starts
shooting springs all over. Thus, has anyone done it and what do I need to
be aware of if I do take it apart?

Frankly, the prospect of a CLA every 2 months is a little troublesome long
term.

Jim Kramer