Old December 9th 05, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Default What exposure mode do you shoot in.

Since you use an F1, perhaps you have high standards.
So when comparing to modern cameras, do it with the pro line.
I found my canon D60 and 10D were about as good (at metering)
as elans and other consumer film cameras. But now I use a 1D Mark II
and the metering is outstanding in comparison to those
consumer models.

Also, I still use totally manual cameras: 4x5 view cameras.

Roger

I have played around with some of the early EOS's ie: EOS 1 and EOS 3 and
found them to be less of a camera and less reliable and accurate than the
late model F 1's they replaced. I think this is why I went back to the F1
and other shooters have grasped the new high end digitals. The F1 is a
manual camera and one has to think about it (no modes) and one has to add an
expensive drive to action shots.

My late F1 is one of the last years they produced and the accuracy of the
meter is fantastic, even by todays standards. You could not trade me a half
dozen EOS 3's for my F1 AE. I still have so much fun and great success with
it, I have never saw a reason to upgrade to digital. I don't mind film and I
don't mind waiting for Fuji to send my slides.

If I ever upgraded to a digital, I would have to spend thousands for the
camera that I feel would replace my F1. I don't have thousands to spend and
buying a lesser camera, Even the Canon 20 D is not a replacement in my book
for my F1 and I think I would be down grading a big step, hense my steadfast
in staying shooting F1's. My old F1 is well brassed. I have found a few NEW
in Box F1's on Ebay for around 1100 bucks. This is more than the sold for in
the late 80's but I would rather spend the 10000 bucks or more for another F1
new in box than any digital camera produced. And I have such a large
collection of quality glass for FD mount cameras, I and just content to stay
the course.

F1