Old August 29th 05, 05:05 PM
Beach Bum

"Sheldon" wrote in message
Where is the best place to sign framed photos? I would think the place
would be on the matte, but recently I saw a photo that was mounted to a
board, and the matte was made larger than the mounted photo. The photo

was
signed inside the matte on the mounting board (between the photo and the
matte).

Also, is it unprofessional to just leave a framed photo unsigned, and

should
every framed photo for sale be signed?

In addition to signing, you might consider a affixing a sticker (rice paper
and paste?) to the back of the photo and also to the dust cover.
Information you might want to include would be your contact information, web
site, details about the photograph, etc.

Whether you intend to give the framed photos away as gifts or sell them, I
think the new owner of the piece will appreciate this professional addition.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions