Old May 25th 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Six out of Ten Nikon Shooters Wants 36MP or More

On 2017-05-25 14:36:29 +0000, -hh said:

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 10:04:21 AM UTC-4, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 25 May 2017 11:40:22 UTC+1, -hh wrote:
On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 5:33:49 AM UTC-4, Whisky-dave wrote:

You asked a question,

No the qustion was (to nikon users) how many MP they need and I questioned
why people wouldn't want the highest possible/availible.

From a consumer standpoint, we've been conditioned to aways want "more",

That's something to do with being sencint and wanting more
from life in general.

Yes, and that's going to create a bias in a poorly designed survey.

even when we don't really need it. For example, look at
the 0-60mph specifications of automobiles sold today versus
one sold in 1985 ... Grannie's modern but mundane four door
sedan is as quick as those past generation Ford Mustangs.

and most likely cheaper too, would granny have brought a mustang unlikely.

Cost isn't really my point. My point is that a 1985 era 4-door
typically had a 0-60mph of 13-14 seconds ... and these don't
even exist anymore in today's marketplace.

Case in point:
2016 Chevrolet Malibu LT 1.5T ... 7.8 sec
1980 Ford Mustang Cobra ... 10.8 sec
1983 Chevrolet Camaro ... 9.4 sec

....and many of those 0-60 times were irrelevant to the experience of
having 1960's era pony/muscle cars to drive back in the 1960's. Driving
those cars back then was a somewhat visceral experience.

My first taste of that "kick in the butt" torque and acceleration was
from my father's 1958 Desoto Firedome with its 361 cid hemi and a 0-60
of 7.8 sec. Amazing for its time.

My personal muscle came with a 1966 Buick "Wildcat 445" with a 425 cid,
340 BHP punch, and then a 1968 Olds 4-4-2 which churned out 7.0 sec
0-60 times.

That all came to an end around the time of 1970's fuel rationing and
the "double nickle" speed limits. That is until todays' technology
finally caught up with, and surpassed those glory days.

All of which despite today's fuel cost spikes, etc.

Today I have tamed down a bit with my Mercedes E350 (my second one)
which replaced my true Teutonic beast, my S600 with its V-12.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g37x3wrqakwun89/AAA2k9nbxmuUbUJkWwzHdVW5a

Savageduck