Old October 17th 03, 08:33 AM
Fred II

Default The pictures you never took

Zero-Knowledge MIME Encapsulated Message

--------------090908020600050802030203

I used to live in the outskirts of Winnipeg ... Charleswood to be
precise ... if I lived there today I'd take my camera out to the
Assiniboine Forest ie adjacent to the Tuxedo Golf Course (where Grant
Ave meets Chalfont Rd I believe) and get some fall nature photo's of the
Poplar, Oak and Maple trees and the birds that call that area home ...
or ...
I'd take the road/highway that follows the very scenic West side of the
Red River out to Lockport and return along the East side ...

Jeff wrote:

FWIW, I carry an older P/S film camera (Olympus Stylus) as I bike to class
(U of Winnipeg). It's small and very lightweight and the resulting photos
are quite acceptable. It cost me less than C$100 about 10 years ago, so
monetary risk is very low as well.

I prefer to keep it loaded with Ilford HP5. Fast enough to handle low
light. Decent enough that photos don't look like newpaper pictures. Cheap
enough for a student's budget. B/W, so I can process the film myself and
then scan the negatives into my personal confuser (PC).

Prior to the Stylus, I had a Rollei 35. Rather quirky but nice photos. It
died an untimely death due when a planet jumped into its path.

There's not a lot of nature to photograph on my ride into/out of downtown
Winnipeg, but there are interesting sights along the way.

--------------090908020600050802030203

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"
title/title
/head
body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff"
font size="+1"br
br
I used to live in the outskirts of Winnipeg  ... Charleswood to be
precise ... if I lived there today I'd take my camera out to the
Assiniboine Forest ie adjacent to the Tuxedo Golf Course  (where Grant
Ave meets Chalfont Rd I believe) and get some fall nature photo's of
the Poplar, Oak and Maple trees and the birds that call that area home
.... or ...br
I'd take the road/highway that follows the very scenic West side of the
Red River out to Lockport and return along the East side ...br
br
/fontbr
Jeff wrote:br
blockquote type="cite" "
pre wrap=""FWIW, I carry an older P/S film camera (Olympus Stylus) as I bike to class
(U of Winnipeg). It's small and very lightweight and the resulting photos
are quite acceptable. It cost me less than C$100 about 10 years ago, so
monetary risk is very low as well.

I prefer to keep it loaded with Ilford HP5. Fast enough to handle low
light. Decent enough that photos don't look like newpaper pictures. Cheap
enough for a student's budget. B/W, so I can process the film myself and
then scan the negatives into my personal confuser (PC).

Prior to the Stylus, I had a Rollei 35. Rather quirky but nice photos. It
died an untimely death due when a planet jumped into its path.

There's not a lot of nature to photograph on my ride into/out of downtown
Winnipeg, but there are interesting sights along the way.

/pre
/blockquote
/body
/html