Old June 22nd 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Default Google posters

A few folks have asked how to avoid posting from Google, and I want to
post here so others can benefit and still others give more info.

There are dozens of news clients, and I happen to use Thunderbird. Price
is right (0), it's easy to set up and use, and it also does mail. It's
cross platform, so Windows users migrating to Mac or vice versa will
have a program they're familiar with. Please don't turn this into xyz is
crap, you should use abc. The point is to get started.

Now, news servers vary widely, and most ISPs keep theirs under wraps as
they'd prefer to not offer the service at all. First step might be to
comb your ISP's web pages for News groups, usenet, or any other invented
term they might use. Or call. Ask them to walk you through the whole
thing, or follow directions on web page.

You'll be glad you did.

--
John McWilliams