Old June 21st 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott W

Default Photojournalists: HDV frame grabs

On Jun 21, 7:32 am, Ben Miller wrote:
Looking for opinions on HDV frame grabs in photojournalism. Is this
the death of 35mm stills in the "newsroom"?

It is per this article by David Leeson, Dallas Morning News Executive
Producer - Video and New Media (consider the source, I know, I know):

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1774

I don't buy this hyperbole:

"This is our chance to rise up and lead the world."

But I think it is certainly worth discussion...

I don't think it is going to be the death of 35mm stills in the
newsroom, but it might have a
large impact down the road some.

But it seems to me that it would be somewhat limited, it might be fine
for small photos in a newspaper but for full page photos in a magazine
I doubt that is has the needed resolution.

Scott