Old June 21st 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Default Photojournalists: HDV frame grabs

Ben Miller wrote:

Looking for opinions on HDV frame grabs in photojournalism. Is this
the death of 35mm stills in the "newsroom"?

It is per this article by David Leeson, Dallas Morning News Executive
Producer - Video and New Media (consider the source, I know, I know):

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1774

I don't buy this hyperbole:

"This is our chance to rise up and lead the world."

But I think it is certainly worth discussion...

1920 x 1080 is 6 inches wide at 300dpi... sounds pretty useable.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1