Old September 12th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default My First Wedding

embee wrote:
Next time I find myself in a similar situation, I'll remember to take along
a longer lens - I feel I could have got some nice unguarded candids working
around the fringes of the event, instead of trying for posed shots. It's an
excuse to go shopping for a nice 200mm L lens anyway......!

I'd take a top-grade prosumer camera or dSLR with a 28-140 equiv.
ZOOM lens. Beats spending the whole wedding trying to switch between
lenses before scenes vanish. My experience - if you use manual-focus
mode - is that such zoom lenses get the job done before scenes vanish.