Old September 11th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joseph Meehan

Default My First Wedding

Phil wrote:
00
..
0.
00
.
*/56.230
. wrote:

Areas I am not so happy with are my framing (a crucial part of
wedding photography IMHO) . . .

I don't know what the said rules of "framing" are for wedding
photography, nor do I think I'd care.
Sometimes the formula approach to wedding and studio photography can
become quite predictable and boring. Some of the best wedding photos
I've seen have been very nonconventional.

I have not yet seen the OP's shoots, but I plan to shortly when I have a
little more time. However I will suggest this. For the professional the
formula approach is necessary. Those stock photos must be done. That said,
the best photos and the ones people remember best are usually not part of
the formula. These are the photos that often are only available from a
friend or family member. From what the OP wrote, I would have to
congratulate him on his approach.

OP: Frankly I almost totally skipped over your images until I read the
fact that you recognized the difference between your responsibilities and
the professionals and the need for the pro to have primary access. Those
are the photos that everyone expects and had better be there or someone will
be mad, even if it is not the bride or groom, it may be the mother or aunt
or brother.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit