Old December 6th 07, 05:50 PM posted to hfx.general, rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.technique.nature,bionet.microbiology, alt.photography
[email protected]

Default Photomicrography greeting cards -- seeking submissions

Hello,

I'm setting up a small business selling photomicrography greeting
cards -- blank notecards with beautiful photomicrographs on the cover
--
and I'm currently seeking email submissions of printable images with a
resolution of 300dpi or greater.

I prefer ambiguous, hazy images rather than the extremely crisp look
of the typical Nikon Small World contest winner -- I'm thinking along
the lines of Japanese watercolors. I would probably photoshop them a
bit, but the photographer would have final approval on the finished
version, and would be credited on the back of the card.

As far as rights and payment, I plan to pay a per-card royalty, under
a short-term contract so that we can adjust as we go along.

Here's some background on me: I live in Brooklyn, and I've worked
mainly in public relations and graphic design. My interest in science
is purely nonprofessional; I've just always loved microscope images
and the overlap of art and science. I'm new at starting a business,
which is why my plan is to take it slowly. To be honest, I don't
imagine that there's a ton of money to be made on this; I just like
the aesthetic of it. But who knows.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at
. I hope it sounds like a project some of you
might be interested in.

Thanks for your time.

Best,
Gretchen