Old May 21st 05, 11:48 AM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"Aza" wrote in message ...

"Justin Thyme" wrote in message

"Robert" wrote in message

The standard Canon kit lenses are truly awful,

They look and feel awful, admittedly, but the image quality of the 18-55mm
is surprisingly good.

I keep reading this and I keep trying the 18-55 that came with my 300D and I
keep putting it back in my bag swearing that I'll never use it again. It
just plain sucks!!!! It's either out of focus or very soft. With that
said I understand that there are two(?) versions of this lens so I may just
have the cheaper crappy version, but I rarely use the lens and I'll be buy a
good wide angle as soon as budget allows.

--

Rob