Old December 23rd 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Digital Photo Frames for refrigirators??

Mark Thomas wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:

Your family life revolves around the fridge - there are messages,
calendars, sentimental trinkets, witty sayings, obscene little trolls
(why did I think of that?), dreamcatchers, reminders, ads for
essential services like Jeff's AirCon Regas, all safe and secure with
their little magnetized backs....

If my life revolves around the fridge it's 'cause of all that yummy food
in there...

Me too, I was being hypothetical. I can't stand stuff on the fridge..
If we wanted a noticeboard we'd buy one. It just amuses me to see what
some people stick on them.

And here's an etiquette question. When visiting someone (oh, let's say
an acquaintance rather than a close friend), is it rude to look at
what's on their fridge? The only reason I ask is that sometimes I
notice the things on there can give a rather intimate insight into their
affairs.. (O:

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I think it's great that the odd photo be
posted there, but folks shouldn't go overboard. In my case it's just a
pad for groceries.

Another way to look at it however is that putting crap all over the
fridge takes away from the "showpiece kitchen" fetish of recent years;
esp. by people whose cooking is akin to P&S snapshots (to put a photo
spin on this thread...)

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.