Old August 28th 17, 03:21 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Davoud

Default Is there a single photo-editing task you do often that Windows freeware just can't do?

Davoud:
Anyway, regardless of platform, try focus-stacking 20 exposures to
produce a macro like this one
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/34885963754 with freeware. I
doubt it can be done. I used Photoshop CC 2017.

PeterN:
Perhaps one day I will learn focus stacking. I like the effects. There
are some obstacles for me.
1. I don't have the patience.
2. My BW does not want bugs brought into the house.

Your reasons are irrefutable.

I would say, however, that while it takes a few minutes to prepare the
camera and subject, focus-stacking is simple enough once the
preparations are made. The process has no steep learning curve. The
Novoflex Castel-Q Focusing Rack is quite easy to use, even without
automation. Turn the knob, click, turn the knob, click... I generally
make fewer exposures than the pros, but I still get decent results
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/14480135987. I have recently
replaced my Manfrotto ball head with a Manfrotto 405 Pro Digital Geared
head. So much easier to use https://www.adorama.com/bg405.html.

My wife has no problem with bugs in the kitchen. She even helped me
photograph a mouse https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/9068026793.
She also buys my toys for me.

She wasn't home when I brought the juvenile blacksnake in, and she was
livid when she saw the photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/7749858040! Seems she has an
irrational fear/hatred of snakes.

3. I am not certain I have the interest in super macro.

Lack of interest is particularly irrefutable. Different strokes...

Sometimes super-macro isn't enough. For those times I have a microscope
with a camera port
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/33274670196.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm