Old April 20th 15, 12:45 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Davoud

Default paint mixing, named colors

Dale:
in painting and maybe many-colorant systems, I think a "mathematical"
software mixing program, in coordination with a spectral/color
measurement device might have a market

Davoud:
I think you're right. My local Sherwin-Williams store has had such a
device for years. Take a color sample to the store and a digital
colorimeter will measure the color and automatically add the correct
pigments to the base white to reproduce your sample color with amazing
precision.

Dale:
forgot about that, they have been doing it for a long time

my thoughts were around expensive fine art paints where you have several
paints that are typical mixed by trial and error or memory of past trial
and error

you could have a software with a chromaticity diagram where you add
paints and mix them oriented to an end user like a fine art painter

I suppose, but Rembrandt and DaVinci got along without digital
colorimetry, and so can you.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm