Old October 26th 03, 11:40 PM
Name withheld by request

Default Advice for Buying a Digital Camera

Here's two great one stop places for comparisions, reviews, user
opinions etc
http://www.dpreview.com/
http://www.steves-digicams.com/
Personally, I'm using a Fuji Finepix S5000, which replaced my Finepix
3800. I loved both, the reason I upgraded is the 5000 has a few more
options to play with, along with a fantastic 10X optical 2.2X digital
zoom. Fast, dosen't eat rechargable batteries, great pictures for
printing, and if I feel the need for optimum picture quality, it
shoots in RAW mode.

Hi all,

I want to buy my first digital camera and really need your advice. Although,
I have experience of working with old fashion floppy type digi-cameras,
somehow frastrating due to capacity of diskette.
- I have heard some of them has video mode, is it usefuel?
- I'm not sure whether need to think about compatiblity of its software with
Windows? Is that a case?
- I'm thinking about something that can take picture of close objects (say
as close as 8-10"/20cm, I guess this means lower focal distance) with a good
quality and also sometimes with slower shutter speed. This is just for fun.
I have a $400-500 budget for something that doesn't force me to sell it next
year.

Thanks for the help.