Old January 7th 05, 07:29 AM
Ben

I didn't even try to use the old batteries in the CD players, only the
new ones. I too had assumed that the old ones were useless. It just
seems so absurd that high-capacity batteries could truly be so bad.

And it is so much easier to let the AC jack on the players provide the
recharging power. And what about the razor (I feel self-conscious
after Phil's post even asking about this). The set of 600 mAh
batteries I soldered in are still providing a week's worth of shaving
(they had initially provided over a month of shaves) after over three
years of use (and they are RS batteries too).

I am just vexed by this whole situation. RS has a pretty good
reputation (or so I thought) when it comes to batteries, buy my
personal experience with their high-capacity NiCads has made me steer
clear of them when it comes to any batteries at all.

Again, has anyone had similar experiences, and can anyone recommend a
source for reliable NiCads.

By the way Steve, the NiMH batteries I have have performed
magnificently -- there's no question that NiMH is the way to go.
Still, my Kids will destroy their players if they have to pull the
batts out to charge them.

Thanks Steve (and thanks all for putting up with my slightly
"off-group" question.

Ben