Old December 18th 04, 09:43 AM
Roger

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:08:54 -0500, "Ron Baird"
wrote:

Greetings Hart,

I suspect that you could use your camera to do this but it will not be the
kind of digital image quality you might expect from your camera. Rather,
you are going to be much happier, if the content of the slides are really
valuable to you, by being selective and getting the slides scanned on of
film/slide scanner.

Agreed

The service should clean your slides as well. It would

They charge extra for this and if the scans are to be of high quality
you are looking at close to a dollar (USD) per image. It can get
expensive fast. More with cleaning.

be worth having a service scan a few slides while you try capturing the same
slides on your camera. You can then evaluate and decide which is the best
way to go for the money. If you have a great many, then consider a good
scanner with a slide copy feature. There are a good many of them out there
and at a good price.

When you say a good scanner with the slide copy feature? So far,
dedicated slide and film scanners do a much better job on film and
slides than a flat bed with an adapter that allows the copying of
slides and negatives.

Copying slides and or negatives can be a very tedious process.
Then there is the storage medium and the naming conventions.

it can be a lot of work.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I've got boxes of 35mm slides in the closet.

I really don't want to buy a slide scanner.
It seems I should be able to use my KODAK 7330 camera
to do some slide copying.

Has anyone experimented with this ?

I'm thinking;
board with camera mounted at one end