Old December 7th 17, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default B&H is sharing your data! Sharing your DATA!!!

In article , peter
wrote:

If I order something from Amazon, I do not have to sign in, nor do I even
have to give them my credit card. What is strange about that is they are
using an old credit card that has expired. My new one has a different
security code, expiration date, and billing address

the bank pushed the updated information to amazon.

And violate banking laws?

it's not a violation of any law. it's a service that some merchants may
use.

https://usa.visa.com/run-your-busine...ns/solutions/m
erchant-processing.html
Merchants enrolled in VAU receive updates to cardholder account
information, including new account numbers, new expiration dates,
and/or contact cardholder notifications from participating Visa
issuers.

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/merc...ess/find-solut
ions-by-business-type/bill-payment-services.html
The Mastercard Automatic Billing Updater allows you to efficiently
and seamlessly update account-on-file information, preventing
disruptions due to account changes and helping you to secure ongoing
payment relationships with your customers.*

Read the Fair Credit Billing Act, and the Restore Online Shoppers
Confidence Act.

no need, because not only do you agree with me, but you contradicted
yourself yet again:

In article , peter
wrote:
Your card number tells them what type of card you have. Note that the
number is the same. Other merchants who have my card on file request my
security code and new expiration date . If you donıt believe it, thatıs
your problem.

do try to keep your story consistent.

IIRC there are violations galore. I must add that Amazon has not misused my
information. That doesnıt mean other companies havenıt.
Some reputable companies, such as B&H, do not store credit card
information.

yes they most certainly do.