Old November 10th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Default digital camera battery use

On Nov 9, 8:17 pm, John Turco wrote:

In that case, the AA's are already in a tray and can be quickly
swapped. though not easily recharged as you'd need two chargers or
a six cell charger. I think that the only current production D-SLR
that uses AA batteries is the Pentax K100D/K110D, which is a very
entry-level model that no professional would ever use.

Oh, c'mon...how are you so certain that, NO pro photographer employs
such a Pentax DSLR?

Cordially,
John Turco

I agree with John. I have known several professional photographers,
including ones working for large companies, who used pretty
inexpensive equipment. They had to show a profit on their work- they
could not spend a fortune. Gross income is not the main thing- profit
is- for pros.

Yet they took very fine pictures (some of them, anyway). A good
photographer learns the secret is NOT in the equipment, it is in the
eye and talent of the user.