Old November 10th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default digital camera battery use

SMS ???• ? wrote:

edited for brevity

No professional or prosumer digital SLRs use AA batteries, so I don't
think any "important job" would have AA's anyway, unless someone is
using AA trays in a vertical grip.

Hello, Steven:

You're wrong, sorry. The Pentax K100D, for example, can be considered a
"prosumer digital SLR," and it's "burdened" by AA cells.

In that case, the AA's are already in a tray and can be quickly
swapped. though not easily recharged as you'd need two chargers or
a six cell charger. I think that the only current production D-SLR
that uses AA batteries is the Pentax K100D/K110D, which is a very
entry-level model that no professional would ever use.

Oh, c'mon...how are you so certain that, NO pro photographer employs
such a Pentax DSLR?

Cordially,
John Turco