Old January 26th 19, 05:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
arlen holder

Default Do you have experience with "infrared camera detection" on mobile devices?

Do you have experience with "infrared camera detection" on mobile devices?

If so, how do you assess the difference between
o How the infrared camera detection works on a mobile device, versus
o Similar functionality, in almost _any_ digital video camera viewfinder?

Note this question is only about the inherent infrared detection
differences between almost any digital camera ... and these "green-screen"
viewfinder apps.

Today I decided to check an area for hidden cameras and microphones
where the first non-obnoxiousware non-Internet non-GPS-aware
free tool I happened to test was
o Detect Hidden Camera, version 1.9
o (com.techno95.detecthiddencameraandmicrophone)

The way "it" works is pretty simple, apparently, where
o It detects rf emitters using the magnetometer reading, and
o It detects infrared emitters using a "green screen" video viewfinder

Based on an Internet search, these tools abound on both iOS & Android:
https://knowtechie.com/smartphone-apps-can-help-detect-hidden-cameras-anywhere/
https://www.techzac.com/best-hidden-camera-detector-apps-android/
http://www.graphictunnel.com/2017/09/best-hidden-camera-detector-apps.html
etc.

My question for this newsgroup is only about that green-screen viewfinder.
Q: Essentially, other than being "green" - how is it any different from
almost _any_ digital video viewfinder (all of which seem to detect infrared
emissions)?