Old February 28th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default New Leica Lens For Olympus 4/3

Andrew Koenig wrote:

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message

The LEICA D VARIO-ELMARIT 14-50mm/F2.8-3.5 ASPH is not simply a standard
interchangeable lens for digital SLR cameras, but rather an exclusive
one with features such as MEGA O.I.S. and an aperture ring.

Well, no. Right now it's just vaporware.

Leica and Panasonic have collaborated before, resulting in the Lumix LC-1
-- a camera that looked wonderful on paper but was a big disappoinment in
practice because of silly glitches such as the inability to take pictures
quickly in raw mode.

So I guess you owned one and didn't like it?

When this lens is actually available, it will be possible to evaluate it
and
learn whether it is worth whatever it winds up costing. Until then, it's
just hype.

Yes 4/3 is dead, we MUST bash it so only Canon is left.

--

Stacey