Old September 18th 18, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default One photog's not so great experience with Apple

On Sep 17, 2018, MC wrote
(in article ):

-hh wrote:

But please entertain us with how I'm supposedly "envious",
particularly in light of how I've expressed frustration at the lack
of a viable new Mac Pro to replace my current ones...as well as how
for my workflow use case, a Windows PC would save me ~$2K per seat.
Sure, OS X is nice, but is it still ~$2K worth of nice?

It seems that "Apple envy" is the only comback these two Apple fanbois
have in their armoury when it comes to describing anybody who even
slightly disses their beloved Apple. They must lay awake all night
fretting that anyone should dare cast negative comment.

As an Apple user, I have no issue with folks who choose to use other operating
systems. However, It seems that there are individuals who relish announcing
negative reports regarding Apple products when they have no flesh in the game.
This is particularly irritating when my experience has been counter to any of
the reported issues. I had an iPhone 6+ which has never had any of the battery
issues (my step-daughter is using it now, still without issue, and I am now
using an iPhone 8+). I have used Apple computers since 1983, and iMacs, and
various Apple laptops since 1998. They have been the trouble free host to
Lightroom, Photoshop, and other photography related apps in all the time I have
used them. Personally I see much of the reporting of the imminent demise of
Apple products as unwarranted FUD.

As for “Apple envy”, that is not my argument. I would say that it is more a
case of Apple ignorance as means of justifying choices users of other systems
have made.

They do say that those in denial are the one to bite hardest in the
hope all it will all go away. In this instant, denial that Apple are
becoming very ordinary in the tech world and that they are still paying
a premium for the privilage to stay on the Apple mediocrity carousel.

....and yet in all the time I have used Apple products I have not experienced any
of this “Apple mediocrity”, and I have been more than happy to pay that
“premium" for my smooth, and trouble free Apple experience. So on my part
there has been nothing to deny. That was not my experience using Windows
machines at work, nor was it the experience of co-workers using Windows.

As I have said elsewhere, I have not had to use a Windows machine since I
retired in Feb. 2009, and for that I am thankful.

Savageduck