Old February 29th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Zeiss Ikonta Shutter - Rapid and Synchro - both have flash?

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
jjs wrote

a shutter that worked only on X. But were there X (electronic) flashes
back then?

Cough; isn't that a self-answering question?

1930-something? Silly me, I presumed that X meant Electronic flash. I was so
wrong for so many years.

I just looked at an old shutter here that has a red-faced switch for various
flash delays. My old 70mm Graflex military range finder had a big switch for
a 20ms delay. I use bulbs but always with long shutter speeds, often B.

Mamiya Press Seiko shutters came with M and X -
usually with the lever set to X and epoxied
in place by the last user.

Had my 'blads CLAd and the fellow put a block in the M/X switch to keep it
on X. Wish he had not done that.

Hey, I have two of the monster Mazda flash bulbs left. Wanna do some night
photography?