Old February 27th 14, 07:16 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_4_]

Default dynamic range and exposure latitude?

On 02/26/2014 11:58 PM, isw wrote:
In article ,
Dale wrote:

you can design a projector (exposure, filtration) in a digital
environment, with the right analog and hybrid manipulation
consideration, to display a color negative instead of using a
transparency intermediate

such a projector design leads to an easy film recorder design

I did some film recorder development about 30 years ago. I don't think
"easy" is a term I'd use in conjunction with their design (assuming you
wanted any sort of decent quality, anyhow).

Isaac

I'm just talking to myself while I write and share my thoughts,
sometimes I'm wrong, I even have two kook awards on alt.usenet.kooks
from my political, philosophical, psychological,, sociological and
religious viewpoints on other groups, feel free to nominate me for
another kook award, I am not a troll, I am a kook

never did any hardware development,

I did paper development, process development, hybrid systems development

no research assignments, an engineer not a scientist, but I dabbled in
science when I could

I'd like to think my mainly applications work that could have led up to
system work at Kodak R&D for 9 years contributed to a little system
development, or so I was complemented sometimes

I had a good boss that told me to specialize and not try to understand
everything about imaging, there are few generals in imaging standards,
people like David McDowell

you really have to read into my rudimentary explanations, somethings are
outright wrong no doubt, just putting some pieces together in 17 years
of reflection and internet

--
Dale