Old April 6th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Shutter Lag in Point and Shoot compacts

I had a Yashica T5 but lost it one drunken night and decided it would be a
good time to switch to digital. After a brief daliance with a couple of
digital cameras I've not been overly impressed with the end results, so have
decided to come back home. Love have a good quality camera around but was
frustrated by the Yashica's long shutter lag (the time taken from pressing
the button to the photo being taken)(don't mean to be patronising but just to
clarify). I have noticed recently that the high end compacts have started to
become very affordable second hand but I need your advice as to which ones
suffer the least from shutter lag. The creative options that the high end
compacts offer are desirable but most importantly for me is a good lens and
fast reaction times.

I've been looking at the following Contax T2/T3, Nikon 35Ti, Rollei 35TE/SE,
Fujifilm Natura, Ricoh GR1v but if you can add any other suggestion I'd be
grateful for any input. I haven't mentioned any Leica's because they all seem
too pricey or are the size of bricks. I'd appreciate your advice....