Old January 20th 07, 01:17 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Douglas wrote:

-------------------------
You are right about the size/quality issue Wayne. I have several HP
designjets and 2 Epson photo printers. The r2400 does a way nicer print than
the 7800 but then it is an absolute pig at handling roll paper and it costs
about 60% more for ink carts on a ml/dollar basis and absolutely pours it on
to boot. I only use it in one instance now and this year is slated to be
replaced with a chemical printer.

The single most economical printer I have owned in the past 4 years is a HP
designjet 130. This machine was a dye ink printer but it produced colour as
good as any Epson of the day. It too had woeful paper handling.

The Canon 44" I bought last year lasted a mere 3 month before getting dumped
in favour of another designjet. The 7800 Epson spits ink all over a page
just as it gets to the last few inches of a 6 feet long print, ruining it in
the process. The single most expensive to run, wide format printer I have
ever owned.

Drop in to one of my print centres if you ever come to Queensland and see
first hand which ones are the cheapest to run... Use my measuring gear to
check the prints scientifically too.

Mark square head is typical of every American I have ever met. Over bearing,
outspoken, ill informed and unwilling to accept that anyone outside the USA
has ever had an original idea or can do anything as well or better than a
yank.

Yankee go home should read Yankee stay home in his case. He's an
embarrassment to the male of his species (whatever it is and it sure isn't
human) and his country.

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for sharing your printer experiences. And the invite. I will next
time I am up in QLD.

Re your American comments, I must say I have lots of American friends
who are dear to me and lovely people.

Cheers,

Wayne

--