Old May 19th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Starlord

Default A Long Time Ago Spiretone Had ...

teleaphoto lens are poor telescopes, they are designed for cameras and not
viewing. Look at the good telescopes, hell, look at the 3 I own, my smallest
is a F9 4.25inch Dob which can blow away most lens. I've also got a F8 8inch
and a 10inch F5 too all dobs.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
AD World
http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 8, 6:18?pm, wrote:
A long time ago Spiretone had an adaptor that you could attach to a
telephoto SLR lens that would convert it to a telescope, i.e., with no
camera attached. I can't remember what they called it to see if i
could look up on google.

What were they called?

Where can I buy a functional equilvant today, Nikon mount?

thanks for the help

I believe its called a "T" mount adapter. Go to the Meade telescope
web site where I'm sure you'll find what you need.

bob