Old March 3rd 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Steven Woody

Default Battery for Metz 45 CT-1 Flashlight

On 3月3日, 上午12时59分, darkroommike wrote:
One of the big advantages of this type of flash is that you
will rarely shoot at full power, and the thyristor metering
in Metz (and Sunpak) flashes is much more accurate than some
other brands, so use the thing on Auto and you won't change
batteries very often. When shooting weddings I used to load
fresh batteries into my holders (two per flash unit) and
blaze away--I think I only had to change out the AA's once
in all the weddings I shot (and that was in a BIG reception
hall with a high roof--so I was shooting full power that
day). After the wedding I then continued to use the same
batteries until the recycle times got long or I had another
essential job to shoot.

AA's expensive? Not really. You could try the AA Alkaline
rechargeables in the AA holder. Didn't like the Nicads
since they lose charge sitting around so I always had to
remember to plug them in 24 hours before shooting.

You could go with the Quantum 2 but have to shoot one hell
of a lot to defray the cost of THAT battery or switch and
use the 45's bigger brother--a 60CT-1 with the dryfit battery.

darkroommike

Steven Woody wrote:
metz 45 ct-1 requires 6 AA batteries. how many times of full output
can these batteries provide? i guess it will cost a lot of money in
long use. i am considering buy some rechargable batteries for it, but
i am not certain these kind of batteries can provide same power as
normal AA. any advice?

-
woody

a lot of thanks for all your replies. though, still a little
confusing about 'try the AA Alkaline
rechargeable', what's that?