Old January 25th 10, 04:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
tcroyer

Default Anyone still shoot film?

"rwalker" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 21:01:22 -0800, "Patrick L"
wrote:

I've got four dSLRs, but I miss shooting film, so come Christmas, my mom
wanted me to take pictures so I dusted off my old ElanII, 28-105 lens, and
bought a roll of Kodak Gold ( nothin' particularly fancy about this rig )
with a 580ex flash took some snaps and had the pictures developed at a
local
drugstore. The shots were beautiful, or at least I thought so and so did
my
family. The "white balance" ( as we now call it in the digital world )
was
stunning. I couldn't get 50 bucks for that camera now ( minus the lens
and
flash, of course), so no point in selling it. In fact, I bought it at a
flea market for 10 bucks.

I picked up an old Polaroid Land 250 and a bulb flash unit for a song,
and
I can still get batteries and film ( fuji ) for it, so I'm looking to have
some fun with it. I found a guy that sells bulbs for it, but, I was a
little boy the last time they used them, and these bulbs have been sitting
in a warehouse for a long time. Expensive 'cuz they no longer make them.
I'm doing some math, and I think each shot, with flash, is going to cost
about 4 bucks. Sheesh -- better get it right the first time !!

Patrick

I've got an old Kodak Brownie from the early 50s that I still shoot
with sometimes. I have a small supply of flash bulbs for it, but I
don't use them often because they're getting very hard to find. I do
still shoot a fair amount of film, almost never 35 mm. though. I slit
film and reload 110 cassettes for a Pentax Auto110, and shoot 120 film
in a Pentax 67 and a Yashica D, as well as the Brownie (rerolled 120
film on Brownie spools). It's a nice change of pace.

I have a Leica Z2X that I put a lot of film through (bought used on eBay
because I always wanted a Leica and it's the only one I could afford -- It
was actually made in Singapore, but it has a legit Leica logo on it and it
takes beautiful pictures).

I also have a Yashica Electro 35 that I use when I need a hot shoe accessory
and can make use of the fairly wide angle lens.