Old February 25th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

Default 20D: SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

On Feb 24, 6:58 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:
I'm bored this afternoon so I go over to the dam to try to get some
pics of the herons flying (they were very uncooperative). I'm also
shooting a few ducks, some cardinals, and the lone falcon that lives
there. The light is terrible, it's about to rain, but hey ... I love
a challenge.
Anyway, I'm minding my own business when I notice there's some rookie
cop standing there beside me asking me what I was shooting. "Birds,"
I told him without even looking up from my 20D and the Forgotten 400 f/
5.6L.

"Show me," he demands. So he makes me scroll through the entire CF
card showing him the photos to make sure I'm not shooting a picture of
little kids or the bridge ... you know, like terrorists always do. So
I'm narrating the pics as I scroll, "Great Blue Heron, duck, falcon,
duck, Presidential Motorcade, me flipping off the Pres, another duck,
me and the old lady doing it ..... "
You know, the usual stuff.

Just kidding about the Presidential pics. Thankfully, I deleted them
from the card before today's shoot. Otherwise, I might be typing this
from Guantanimo.

I was very polite with the flatfoot (since I don't really like jail),
but the more I thought about it after he left the madder I got. At
what point does having a nice camera make one a terrorist suspect?
When did that happen? (I know it must've been in the last 6 years.) I
know Bush (and his gang of crooks) wipes his ass with the
Constitution, but I must've missed it when photography became a crime.

I'm just glad my pal, Kamran, wasnt with me. He's from Pakistan and
he's got a quick tongue. Can you say, "Taser?"

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, either. I think
the next time it happens I will politely ask the officer for a list of
things that I may and may not photograph. If he can't provide such a
list I shall politely ask him to go **** up a rope.

Anyway, here's a crappy pic from today's crappy shoot.http://www.pbase.com/image/74796772

Does anybody alive really, really think the Constitution has any value
any more?