Old February 10th 04, 09:39 PM
KBob

Default epson 2200 help

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:56:06 GMT, "JIM"
wrote:

"Judit Fabian" wrote in message
Besides the Epson papers mentioned by others, the Canon Photo Pro (Glossy)
works well with the 2200 (and the 1270 as well), and it is a beautiful
glossy paper if you like glossy.

Does the Canon glossy paper exhibit the same metamerism effect when viewed
at an angle? Anyone know of any brand glossy paper printed with the 2200's
inks that gives a more realistic photo result? I prefer the matte papers;
however, my son loves those glossies

Jim

By far the worst brassing (metamerism?) that I see is with Epson's own
glossy paper. The best heavyweight glossy papers I've found are TDK
Reference and Pro Grade glossy, and they can usually be found at a
good price by shopping around. The relatively inexpensive Ilford
Galerie isn't bad either, and you can pick that up at Sam's. I
wouldn't use matte ink on these for obvious reasons, but Photo Black
should be OK.

All these papers will exhibit some slight color shift, usually
greenish or brownish, but depending on how critical your needs are,
they are easy enough to profile, or simply make minor adjustments in
the printer driver.