Old February 7th 18, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default Lightroom Classic CC problem

"PeterN" wrote

| I have issues with Win 10 Pro, on my laptop. Yet some of my friends say
| they have no issues with Win 10.

I guess it depends on what you do and what you
expect. Some people probably think every time
they get interrupted for updates it means pure
goodness is flowing into their computer.

I saw something yesterday about shutting off
uncontrolled updates and spyware. It was a
complicated series of PowerShell incantations,
but all it actually did was to disable the Windows
Update service. (Much easier to accomplish through
the services applet, but I guess that doesn't justify
an article. Numerous obscure incantations makes
it sound fancy.)

I don't know whether that actually works. I would
think Windows would go around it, or eventually
throw a tantrum, demanding to call home. But if
I had Win10 I'd try it. As it is, I always do that
on WinXP and Win7 anyway. I just installs SPs.
And I installed the "wrapup" for Win7. But I don't
allow any willy nilly dripfeed.