Old July 27th 17, 02:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default My thanks to Davoud!

On 7/27/2017 9:27 AM, David B. wrote:
On 26-Jul-17 8:40 PM, PeterN didn't seem to post a reply!

On 7/26/2017 1:36 PM, Davoud wrote:
Davoud:
Other folk may view them he-
http://www.primordial-light.com/aves.html

RichA:
Difficult, getting that close to a bird like those in the wild and not
spooking them.

Not at all difficult. I made it very clear on that page that these
birds all wore jesses: "All of these birds were wearing leather
restraining straps called jesses. In some instances the birdÅ’s stance
hid the jess; in other instances it was necessary to remove the jess in
Photoshop to give the bird a more natural appearance."

While the birds aren't exactly tame (take your finger off and eat it,
given half a chance) they are somewhat inured to humans. Every one of
them has a physical or emotional handicap that would prevent it from
surviving in the wild. The Golden Eagle, Aquila chrysaetos, for
example, had to have its right wing amputated after a brave hunter shot
it.

Will you please repeat your post if you *DID* post a response, Peter?

TIA

I pushed the wrong button. phat phingers.
sorry, it happened a few times in the last two days.

--
PeterN