Old May 19th 09, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default 5x7 film holder dimensions/dementia again

On 5/17/2009 7:08 PM John J spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

So now I'm taking the totally empirical approach. The hell with
"standards"[1].

Can anyone who has 5x7 holders out there measure them and give me the
dimensions? I'm looking for the following:

Purchase one or two of the film-holders and measure them yourself.

Well, John, I already kinda did that, if you read my earlier posts. I
have a bunch of E.K. holders, but I'm not sure how "standard" they are.
(I'm used to seeing holders made by Fidelity, Graflex, Lisco, etc.) So
do you know whether these could be called "standard" holders?

Besides, it'd be interesting to get dimensions for lots of different
holders and see how they compare.