Old September 4th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Default What is the Best Software for Fixing Pictures?

Dennis Pogson wrote:
Barry Goodthrall wrote:
What is the best software to quickly fix photos.

Before rushing to say Photoshop, while I agree for more complex
digital photo manipulation it can't be beat, I want something that
does common corrections the average novice often needs, such as red
eye, bluring , dust removal, lighting adjustments, etc quickly.
Ideally what program has the best "one step fix" function?

Faststone will probably do all you wish and it's free from-
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Dennis.

FastStone is the best I've come across for a free utility that does
almost everything. It stops short of paint brush tools, layers etc and
for that I'm using PhotoPlus. I've used PSP version 7 and if I had to
buy a package today would probably get the latest version of that, but
would still use FastStone for quick corrections.
My default viewer is Irfanview, it's good for bulk resize/resample and
file move.
Dave Cohen