Old December 22nd 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tontoko

Default Stereoscopic galaxy NGC3370

Please mind that my software can not reproduce the perspective with
100% authentication.
Firstly if the focal point resides between the foreground and
background, the software doesn't work properly because it can not
distinguish the object out of focus in the foreground from the
background.
Secondly if the object has uniform appearance, the software can not
estimate the relative distance of it from other objects (therefore the
software does not give proper perspective for stars since every star
has similar appearance as a bright dot except sun.)

Mike Russell wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
[re stereo enhancement of single images]
Hi Mike,
Maybe a better term would be perceptually enhanced. I think the
technique may have applications in memory retention/production in the
classroom and children would love it. Maybe with an image of a mandala
it could be used as an aid in meditation; again, especially for
children in the classroom.
The images could use a slider for adjusting eye set distance (IPD).

Now you're talking - sort of a 3D version of Photoshop's warp tool, that
lets you mold the surface like clay, with some added tools to use
brightness, detail, etc to create default surfaces.

Now the only question is, who writes the code? :-)
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/